As fall begins to sweep in, FreightCenter employees kick it into high gear and retailers begin upping the ante to prepare for the holiday season. Amidst the hustle and bustle of peak freight shipping season, it is still important to take time and celebrate our employee’s success.
Every month, FreightCenter employees fill out nomination surveys for Employee of the Month. They’re asked to keep a few qualities in mind, as their nominee should embody these traits: ownership, leadership, respect, job excellence, professionalism, and team work.
Scores are tallied, opinions are considered, and a winner is selected.
What’s in it for the winner?
- $50 Visa Gift Card
- Reserved Parking Spot
- Employee of the Year Nomination
- Bragging Rights (most importantly!)
Now for a drum roll please…
The FreightCenter Employee of the Month for September is…
- What is your role at FreightCenter?
As a web and graphic designer, my primary role is to establish and improve the online experience for our customers. I am constantly working with both the content and interface of FreightCenter’s website to provide an easy and accessible service.
- What do you like most about FreightCenter?
My favorite part of working here is being involved in an industry that is, first and foremost, an integral part of our lives (even if we don’t think about it that often). Most of the products we enjoy and need on a daily basis probably got to us by being initially shipped as freight, and that means logistics really do matter.
- How did you first learn about FreightCenter?FreightCenter was actually one of the few career options I discovered to work in my field that was outside of any design or marketing specific companies. This provided the unique opportunity to apply my experience and skills in ways that are not necessarily what most designers would envision their career to look like.
- How do you define success?
I see my work as having been successful when the data reflects the progress and efforts that we as a marketing team are making each day. Likewise, I see it in the kind of feedback we get, both from other departments in the company, as well as from our customers. When other people comment how the changes we have made are simplifying the process for them, I know we are on the right track.
- What would people be surprised by if they knew about you?
I’m somewhat of a mystic, and enjoy practicing mindfulness and contemplation.
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
Coffee; it’s my fuel.
- Biggest pet peeve?
Anything that gets in the way of letting me do my job.
- If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
I think I would try becoming a farmer.
- What are your hopes for our industry?
For the logistics industry as a whole, I would like to see the continuing trend of opening up to more direct consumers. This allows for more competition in the marketplace, which in turn pressures the carriers to do what is in the best interest of the customer.As for FreightCenter, I want to help the company position itself as the leading 3PL, so that when any person or business is looking to ship freight, we are the first and final choice for them.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love reading, listening to podcasts, and playing video games.
Interested in a career at FreightCenter? Check out our open positions.