Every month at FreightCenter, employees recount the past month’s events, fill out an anonymous survey, and await in anticipation as the new Employee of the Month is determined. When employees fill out their surveys they’re asked to keep a few qualities in mind, as their nominee should embody and demonstrate these traits: ownership, leadership, respect, job excellence, professionalism, and team work.
Scores are tallied, opinions are considered, and a winner is decided.
And what does the lucky winner get, you might ask?
- $50 Visa Gift Card
- Reserved Parking Spot
- Employee of the Year Nomination
- Bragging Rights (most importantly!)
Now for a drum roll please…
The FreightCenter Employee of the Month for July is…
A Little Bit About Felecia:
What is your role?
Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
Some people call me Fe, and as a joke, sometimes Fiona.
Do you recall any embarrassing moments at work?
I wasn’t really embarrassed, but everyone laughed when I walked into work in a Santa suit for our Christmas in July party.
People would be surprised if they knew:
My go-to Karaoke song is Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne.
What is your proudest moment at FreightCenter?
The moment I was completely surprised when named Employee of the Month, I am still in shock.
What is the most rewarding part of working at FreightCenter?
The people I work with and for are so wonderful, and I truly love coming to work every day. This place has turned my whole life around in many ways, and am so happy to further my career with such a great company!
In your role, how do you contribute to making a FreightCenter customers experience outstanding?
I treat every single customer like they are my only customer. I will always go to bat for my customers when ever they need me to ship nationwide.
Here’s What Employees Had to Say:
- Felecia always arrives to work on time and leads by example for her team in everything she does especially through her positive attitude.
- Always volunteers and is up to make the effort into planning and implementing events.
- She has recently moved from customer service to sales and has completely taken ownership of her position and is consistently motivated and ambitious when it comes to achieving her goals and learning more about the industry
- Felecia has respect for everyone in the building no matter who you are. Since I’ve joined FreightCenter I’ve seen her help others in any department with any task that she’s knowledgeable in!
- Felecia has never shown disrespect to anyone in my presence. She goes over and beyond to help a co-worker, and never speak ill of her supervisors. She does what is asked and even the things that are not asked of her, she takes initiative on.
- Felecia is always on time and prepared for meetings. She is not scared to tell you her opinion.
- Every time this rep handles a call it is with the up-most professionalism and strives for excellence in every shipment ensuring both the carrier and customer are informed about how 3rd party logistics work.
- She strives to learn more and be better in any position she is in. She is also a part of the Events Committee and volunteers and contributes to all events.
- Felecia always helps out and shares her knowledge when she can.
- Felecia has stepped up and participated in all internal events and encouraged her co-workers to do the same. She was even a leader on the Events Committee.
- Felecia is dependable, always on time, willing to help anyone, and never hesitates to devote extra time.
Interested in a career at FreightCenter? Check out our open positions and apply now!