As the summer months wind down, FreightCenter employees kick it into high gear and retailers begin upping the ante to prepare for the holiday season. Amidst the hustle and bustle of peak freight shipping season, it is still important to take time and celebrate our employee’s success.
Every month, FreightCenter employees fill out nomination surveys for Employee of the Month. They’re asked to keep a few qualities in mind, as their nominee should embody these traits: ownership, leadership, respect, job excellence, professionalism, and team work.
Scores are tallied, opinions are considered, and a winner is selected.
What’s in it for the winner?
- $50 Visa Gift Card
- Reserved Parking Spot
- Employee of the Year Nomination
- Bragging Rights (most importantly!)
Now for a drum roll please…
The FreightCenter Employee of the Month for August is…
A Little Bit About Mike:
What is your role?
A National Account Manager on Project 30. Which is a team that focuses on repeat business shippers.
How did you first learn about FreightCenter?
What advice do you have for prospective FreightCenter candidates?
Learn how to effectively multitask.
What are 3 words to describe FreightCenter?
Innovative, driven, and dedicated
What do you find the most challenging at FreightCenter?
Dealing with carriers and the transportation industry in general. Late shipments, missed pickups, etc…
If you could switch your job with anyone else at FreightCenter, whose job would you want? Why?
One of our developers. It would be interesting to see all the behind the scenes work and coding that goes into all our platforms that we use every day to ship freight.
Do you have a favorite quote?
“Why worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.” Ghostbusters
Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us.
I played ice hockey in Canada a long time ago.
Three words to best describe you.
Understanding, helpful, and punctual.
Here’s What Employees Had to Say:
- Professionalism, Team player, Knowledgeable, dependable. Thanks, Mike!!
- This agent is consistently patient, helpful, and a pleasure to be around. Improves office atmosphere overall.
- Mike has shown tremendous leadership in his mentor role. Not only has he been a pleasure to work with, he has shown me every possible solution and given any advice he can give. Even while he is super busy he has time to answer and little questions I may have. He is always willing to help and I believe if he wasn’t a mentor he would still answer my questions and lead me to success. Great employee and an even better person.
- He always follows up with his customers and never turns from them when the situation gets hairy he is there for them through the process.